What Data Does Transcend Collect?
“Personal data” shall mean any data that can be used to identify an individual directly or indirectly, including name, date of birth, telephone number, email address, account number, ID number, credit card information, location, and IP address.
“Non-personal data” shall mean any data that does not by itself identify an individual, including gender, age, language, interest, browser type, and product information. Transcend may collect or record such information, but will not use it to verify your identity or correlate to personal data. Where necessary, and non-personal information is correlated to personal data, such data will be classified as “personal data.”
“Sensitive personal data” shall mean any data regarding medical treatment, health examination, political affiliation, religious belief, criminal record, genetic information, sexual preference, and sexual activity.
How Does Transcend Collect Data?
Providing personal data is not a prerequisite for browsing or using this official website of Transcend (hereafter, “the Website”) or services. Transcend may request personal data for identity verification or to provide services such as ordering products, applying for employment, requesting customer services, providing feedback, filling out customer surveys, and participating in Transcend activities. You have the right not to provide personal data, as well as to rescind agreement to provide said data after the fact. This, however, may lead to errors on certain web pages, or for portions of the Website to be inaccessible. It may also lead to disqualification from participation in activities or the inability to use certain services.
Transcend may collect personal data from distributors, retailers, agents or partners, and will process, use, and protect such data in accordance with the Policy.
Transcend will not require you to provide sensitive personal data, and further request such data not be provided. Any such data provided to Transcend voluntarily, however, will be processed in accordance with this Policy.
How Does Transcend Process and Use Data?
Except to provide services, or unless required by laws, regulations, or governmental or judicial orders, or where necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense, or to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, Transcend will not process or use personal data, and will not sell, exchange, or lease such data to a third party. To this end, Transcend may provide personal data, in whole or in part, to distributors, retailers, agents, or partners where permitted by law or agreement. Transcend will make a reasonable effort to encourage them to offer protections over such data no less stringent as those set forth in the Policy.
Processing and transferring of Personal Data by Transcend
When you submit personal data to Transcend, it is taken as understood and agreed that such data may be transferred between Transcend servers. The location of data will be the local server and Taiwan.
To comply with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), Transcend Information Europe B.V., Transcend Information Trading GmbH and Transcend Information UK Limited have signed Standard Contractual Clauses of the European Commission for the processing of personal data with Transcend Information Inc. in Taiwan. This ensures the same protection of your data abroad as in an EU country.
Upon request, you can view the stored data. The transmission also takes place in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
When you apply for a position at Transcend, Transcend collect data that we need to select the most suitable candidate. The collection of these data is based on Article 6 paragraph 1 letter (f) of GDPR. Here is a legitimate interest (employee recruiting) on our part.
When you sign up for our newsletter, Transcend collect data from you to inform you about Transcend news and products. The collection of these data is based on Article 6 paragraph 1 letter (a) of GDPR. You agree to the use of your data when registering.
Settlement of Warranty Claims (RMA)
If you send Transcend your defective product, Transcend collect your personal data for processing. The collection of these data is based on Article 6 paragraph 1 letter (f) of GDPR. Here is a legitimate interest (contract) on our part.
Retention of Data
Transcend will retain personal data for only that time period wherein the purpose of collection holds valid. Transcend will review data regularly. Only the data that cannot be attributed to a specific natural individual will be preserved.
- Sales information
Would be retained in accordance with all applicable laws.
2 years after the RMA was completed.
For those who are employed, 10 years after the resigning; for those who are not appointed or don’t report for duty, 6 months after the data collecting.
Until cancellation of the newsletter.”
You can request information from Transcend as to whether personal data is being processed by Transcend. If this is the case you have the right to receive the following information:
- The purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- The categories of personal data being processed;
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data relating to you have been disclosed or are still being disclosed;
- The planned duration of the storage of your personal data or, if specific information is not available, criteria for determining the duration of storage;
- The existence of a right to rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you, a right to restriction of processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
- The existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- All available information on the source of the data if the personal data is not collected from the data subject;
- The existence of automated decision-making including profiling under Article 22 paragraph 1 and 4 of GDPR and, at least in these cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the data subject.
Data Change and Right to Data
You can view and edit your personal and non-personal data by contacting Transcend to ensure the accuracy of your data. Transcend reserves the right to record any changes you have made for the purposes of data integrity and revision.
To ensure that your personal data is fully managed and protected, please note the following points:
- You have the right to decide whether your personal data is collected, processed and used.
- You have the right to review, view and change your personal data at any time by contacting Transcend.
- You have the right to request a copy of your personal data stored by Transcend.
- You have the right to have Transcend delete personal data whose retention is not required by applicable law.
- You have the right to receive data about you in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
- You have the right at any time against the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 letter (e) or (f) of GDPR objection.
- You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration at any time.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you believe that personal data are collected contrary to the GDPR.
You may contact Transcend via the contact information at the end of this Policy for further information concerning the Policy or related services.
To maintain data security, Transcend will strictly comply with this Policy, and take proper precautions to protect personal data against theft, modification, or destruction. However, Transcend cannot guarantee the safety of the Internet. You are advised to keep the password secret, change it regularly, and use a sufficiently complex password. You are also advised to keep antivirus and other security software up to date.
The Website may contain services of third-party site or links thereto, and the Policy does not apply to the information and data collected and processed through such sites. Transcend shall bear no responsibility and liability for the materials on or about such sites.
Transcend does not knowingly collect the personal data of minors without the express consent of their parents or guardians. Where notified, or where discerning that such data has been collected, Transcend will remove it.
Transcend reserves the right to update or amend the Policy at any time. The version posted on the Website shall prevail.
You may contact Transcend with questions or comments about this Policy at the telephone number or email address:
- Data Protection Officer in Germany:
Transcend Information Trading GmbH
- Data Protection Officer in Netherlands:
Transcend Information Europe BV
Tel: +31 10 2988500
- Data Protection Officer in United Kingdom:
Transcend Information Europe B.V,
1st Floor, Nexus House,
- You may also contact Transcend at email@example.com.
Updated on Jul 1, 2021